Special characteristics of the new-generation tyre include:
• An extra wide tread for excellent tread life.
• A high strength steel casing to provide improved resistance to punctures.
• An interlocking block tread design for quiet running on tarmac surfaces.
• Wide open-tread grooves for superior traction in the wet and a resistance to aquaplaning.
• A good self-cleaning action of the tread for enhanced grip in mud and sandy conditions.
• Straight sidewalls for improved resistance to sidewall intrusions from protruding rocks, stumps or other threatening off-road situations.
• Shoulder ribs to deflect objects that can cause sidewall intrusions.
• Large tread blocks combined with a broad shoulder
• Central circumferential rib and large intermediate tread blocks
• Modern compound technology
• Open grooves between the tread blocks
• Off-road robustness and high levels of traction with excellent self cleaning properties
• Improved steering response and on-road stability
• Improved wet grip levels in on-road conditions and resistance to wear
• Increased levels of water displacement and improved resistance to aquaplaning